List of Local Authorities in the UK | High Quality Cleansed Data | GDPR Compliant
List of Local Authorities
This comprehensive list of Local Authorities will provide you with the data you need to find and contact the right people.
Who is on the list of local authorities?
In total, we’ll be providing you with the contacts of over 37,000 people in Local Authority. Those people include:
- Chairman – 55 contacts
- Vice/Deputy Chairman – 21 contacts
- Chief Officer – 433 contacts
- Deputy/Assistant Chief Officer – 106 contacts
- Clerk/Secretary – 691 contacts
- Top Level Director – 3,824 contacts
- Second Level / Head of Service – 1,992 contacts
- Third Level/Head of Service/Manager – 10, 526 contacts
- Other roles – 19, 823 contacts
Why use the list of Local Authorities?
If you want to contact Local Authorities across the UK, this is the database for you. You’ll be able to filter the data we provide by location and position in the authority. We’ll be giving you their direct contact details rather than the generic number found online, increasing success of contact and the success of your project.
If you need any help with the local authorities list or picking your target audience please get in touch
List of councils by county
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Cumbria County Council
- Derbyshire County Council
- Devon County Council
- East Sussex County Council
- Essex County Council
- Gloucestershire County Council
- Hampshire County Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Kent County Council
- Lancashire County Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Norfolk County Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Oxfordshire County Council
- Somerset County Council
- Staffordshire County Council
- Suffolk County Council
- Surrey County Council
- Warwickshire County Council
- West Sussex County Council
- Worcestershire County Council
UKMM are committed to using only mailing, email and telephone data that complies with GDPR. We offer guidance on how you can maintain your compliance.
Types of Local Authorities
In England, there are 5 different types of Local Authority:
- County Councils
An elected administrative body, which governs an area known as a County. They tend to be responsible for education, social services, and roads to name a few.
- District Councils
As above but responsible for services such as waste disposal, local planning and council housing.
- Unitary Authorities
These can be made up of two councils listed above and tend to be responsible for the provision of all local government services within a district or county.
- Metropolitan Districts
A subdivision of a Metropolitan Borough, it’s simply a type of government district.
- London Boroughs
Governed by a London Borough Council, Greater London is divided into 32 local authorities districts.